Thursday, May 9, 2013

New tying bench - Finest Fly Tying Benches of Colorado

Back in February I had the opportunity to meet Jay Burge with Finest Fly Tying Benches. After a short period of time in talking with Jay he offered me a spot on his prostaff. After doing some researcher I accepted his offer. His workman ship as a master carpenter is absolutely amazing. Then the fun started we sat down and designed a bench to fit my needs as a tier. I also wanted to make sure the bench worked well for shows and demos to be able show of his product. Another important feature I wanted was people watching me was to be able to see what I was doing. After a couple months in the design and production of the bench, here is what we came up with. This bench is truly one of a kind, and his workman ship did not disappoint. Here are a few pictures of the final product. I plan on doing a video tour of the bench also. I will be brining it out on this winter demo and show tour. Check it out and tell me what you think. Here is a link to his web site.
 
 
set up at my desk

Another view at my desk


 
 






 

2 comments:

  1. The bench looks like a winner. I really like the drawer storage and the bobbin rack. I am looking forward to seeing the desk in person. Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do I purchase this table? Thanks, Skip

    ReplyDelete