Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hank Roberts Woven Stonefly nymph


About two week ago I was given a challenge by a good friend. He is a fly fishing guide in his sixties. He was looking for this nymph, Hank Roberts Woven stone fly nymph. This nymph has been around for a long time. Between a couple for sources I was able to figure out the nymph. The Internet did not a have a lot of info. The fly tying forum was a big help. One of the forum members was able to send me a couple of samples. Terry with Anglers All was a great help. After some time at the bench this is what I was able to come up with. Hank Roberts tied his flies with a different set of proportions, I'm tying mine with a more standard set of proportions.

1 comment:

  1. Great fly Carl.

    Sent Umpqua razor foam as they had a shortage at the factory.

    Will post you some Metz foam to.

    ReplyDelete